Friday, May 25, 2012

Wedding Bells

My baby sister is getting married tomorrow and the feeling is rather surreal.  We've been planning this wedding for over a year and the entire family feels as if the plans are far from complete: things still need dropped off at certain places, calls for confirmations, a rehearsal dinner, etc.  However the house is filled with a sense of joy and excitement- Sarah is beloved by everyone and there is nothing but well wishes coming her way.  So my heart is open with love towards her, Josh (her husband to be), and everyone who has underwent the stressful, yet joyful experience of  weddings and marriage.

I often think about my own experiences with marriage- I had planned one that failed, though in hindsight I'm grateful for that fact.  I was engaged a second time, with some reluctance on my part because of what had happened before.  I was right to be apprehensive because the engagement ended on a very sour note.  My mind toys with the idea of marriage and I catch myself wondering if I would ever attempt to get married again.  While I could ponder relentlessly about the whole question, I'm content with just letting life happen, as I'm too preoccupied with life to worry about maybes.  Besides, the best things happen when you don't think about them, so I'm fine with letting life surprise me.

Today's post is merely a wish for a wonderful, happy life for my dear sister and her love.  I hope that they have a wonderful future, rich in all the simple, small, things of life that make it worth living.

MA

No comments:

Post a Comment