Friday, June 1, 2012

Portfolios, Interviews, All that Jazz

This week has been a week of catch-up for me.  My sister's wedding took up so much of my time the week before that I had a lot to do -- more than I realized.  I spent the week catching up around the home, with academics, and with prepping for my interview today.  I really didn't have too much to do to prep for the interview, but the one thing I wanted to do was compile an academic portfolio in order to provide visual aid for many of the things I know will come up during the interview.  I just finished it and, as a work in progress, it is a nice representation of what I am capable of doing.  I know many are wondering what an academic portfolio is- it simply is a small portfolio that is an addition to your resume.  Along with a copy of your resume/cv (I have both in mine), it should include things that highlight your academic achievements and your skills.  Copies of presentations that were exceptional, conferences, publications (if you have any), programs that you've coordinated -- essentially anything that will make you memorable to those that are interviewing you should be included within the portfolio.  

For more information on academic portfolios, and other job related material, I recommend you visit the Duquesne University's Job and Career website.    

God speed, fellow job seekers!
MA 

No comments:

Post a Comment